Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you love decorating your home, then you might be like me and always find yourself watching every episode of HGTV to catch up on all the trendy interior design ideas that you can replicate into your own home.
Well, here at NL we love putting together some of the best interior design ideas that are available out there and sharing those ideas here for the world to see… LOL, We don’t have that big of an audience yet. So, YOU ARE OUR WORLD.
Some of these ideas are a great way to get out your creative side, and express yourself in many different ways.
SUPER ORGANIZED HOME
If you have a dresser or storage area that has become overwhelmed with clutter, it’s time to take action. I know for me personally, I have so much stuff and I have to get rid of things that are no longer needed. I try to focus on organizing the items that I haven’t worn in over a year, plan to donate or sell at a garage sale. Once my drawers and closets are decluttered, I start organizing my room using these rattan baskets to give me a much organize .
These baskets are huge and perfect for big declutter projects. I can totally see many people using these for bigger projects to store any living room objects to clear up toys for kids or extra bedroom pillows.
Hanging Glass Shelves
If you’ve got a lot of books, use hanging glass shelves to organize your interior. It’s easy to add a few floating shelves to any room and make it look better!
Replicate This Idea:
Installing a cabinet or hanging shelves can double the amount of storage in your home.
Installing a cabinet or hanging shelves can double the amount of storage in your home. This can make it easier to organize items that are currently cluttering up a room and turn them into something functional.
- In our kitchen, we used a freestanding cabinet to add extra space for storing our pots and pans without taking up counter space.
- We also used our built-in bookshelves to display art pieces and decorations so they’re out of sight when not in use.
Decorative lighting can make any room look beautiful.
Lighting is a great way to make a room look more spacious and elegant. Decorative, overhead lighting can be used to create an overall ambiance in a room, as well as add visual interest.
With the right type of lighting you can make any room look cozy and warm. Lighting also makes a room feel more inviting, which is especially important to home owners who want guests to feel comfortable in their homes when they visit rather than being uneasy because the lights are too bright or dimly lit throughout the house.
Turn your home into a showroom by displaying one special piece at a time in each room.
Displaying one special piece at a time in each room is a great way to make your home feel more like a showroom. This is especially true if you’re using mirrors, light fixtures, rugs or small furniture pieces to help visually enlarge the room.
A smart organizer can easily find a decorative item you need.
A smart organizer will make it easy for you to find the decorative item you need. It can be as simple as a drawer divider, or as complex as a closet organizer. It can be temporary, like a magazine holder on your nightstand; or permanent, like a wall-mounted cabinet in your kitchen.
The best organizers are ones that work for both you and your space—and since each room is different (and therefore has its own unique needs), it’s important to take some time thinking about how much storage space is available in each room before deciding where to put things
Have a place where you can display small decorative pieces, such as vases and books, when you’re organizing items.
If your home is organized and well decorated, you’ll always have a place where you can display small decorative pieces, such as vases and books. Having these decorative items on display can make your home look more stylish and appealing.
Besides giving a room personality, having decorative items around the house can also be practical; they can serve as reminders to do something or help the owner remember when certain events are taking place.
Follow the logic of what your eye sees in different rooms of your house.
When you’re building out a space, it’s important to keep in mind that the logic of what your eye sees in different rooms should be similar. If you have different styles going on, it can make things feel disjointed and even confusing. When designing an entire house or apartment, consider these rules when thinking about how to make everything cohesive:
- Use the same style throughout the house – whether that means a Modern or Mid-century Modern look (think clean lines and lots of white), Traditional pieces like dark woods and armoires with intricate moldings, or something more eclectic like a mix between Scandinavian modern and tropical island vibes.
- Use the same materials – If you decide on one surface material for all rooms (say marble floors), then stick with it! This will create unity throughout your home as well as continuity for people walking through each room who might not notice small details like color schemes but will definitely notice floors that don’t match up at all because they’re made up of different materials (like wood vs tile).
- Use colors that work together – It’s tempting when choosing paint colors to go bold in order to stand out from other spaces around town – but if every room has its own unique hue scheme then they won’t flow together well visually either which defeats our earlier point about keeping things consistent throughout an entire space so take caution before jumping headfirst into painting without first considering how each hue will interact with others around them.”
A chandelier is sure to give any room a finishing touch.
A chandelier is sure to give any room a finishing touch. It can be used as the focal point to your living room or dining room, or it could just be a beautiful accent piece for the hallway. Chandeliers are one of those things that add beauty and elegance to any home—and they’re not just for fancy estates! They are available in every price range and style imaginable, so there’s no excuse not to buy one today!
Choose a floor that suits the style of your home, whether it’s ceramic tile, wood or laminate flooring.
- Choose a floor that suits the style of your home, whether it’s ceramic tile, wood or laminate flooring.
- Floors make up one of the most noticeable parts of a room and should be considered carefully before you begin any design project.
Vertical and horizontal lines create an elegant sense of design in many homes.
Vertical and horizontal lines create an elegant sense of design in many homes. This is because they are used to have a flow, which makes the space seem larger. Vertical lines also give a room more height, while horizontal lines provide balance by creating visual weight on both ends of the room.
Takeaway – A few ways to make the most out of each space you occupy in your home
- Design your home to be functional.
- Make sure you have enough storage space.
- Make sure you have enough lighting in each room of your house.
- Ensure that the furniture fits into its designated space, and makes sure it is functional as well! If a piece of furniture doesn’t fit, don’t buy it! Your living room should be large enough so that everyone feels comfortable sitting around the table and talking together – but not so large that there isn’t any sense of intimacy or privacy for those who want to escape from the rest of their family for a few minutes (or hours).
Hopefully by now you feel confident enough to find the right way of organizing your home. Remember that the best approach is always one that works for you and your unique lifestyle. Whether it’s a minimalist look or an expressive one, what matters most is finding something that fits who you are. It’s also important to keep in mind that there’s no such thing as perfection in interior design—and we actually like it that way! There are so many different ways to organize your space, and there will always be more ideas coming out all the time. So don’t stress if something isn’t working for you, because there are plenty more options out there waiting for their chance to shine.
For me: I have this basket that sits on top of the bookshelf next to my desk where I keep pens, pencils and paperclips so they’re easily accessible when I need them for work projects; hooks hold my purse on one side of my closet door so that it doesn’t get in the way when I walk through; decorative containers store magazines under one end table while decorative baskets hold board games underneath another end table–this keeps everything neat but still accessible when needed!