Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
As a college student, your dorm room will be your home away from home for the next few years. It’s important to have all the essentials to make it a comfortable and functional space. Here is a list of 24 college dorm room essentials for college girls:
- Bedding: Make sure to bring sheets, a comforter or duvet, and pillows. You’ll want comfortable bedding to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Towels: You’ll need towels for showering and drying off. Bring a few bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.
- Toiletries: Don’t forget to pack all the personal care items you’ll need, such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, and a toothbrush.
- Laundry basket: A laundry basket or hamper will come in handy for keeping your dirty clothes organized.
- Hangers: Bring a few hangers for hanging up clothes and towels.
- Desk lamp: A desk lamp is essential for studying and working at your desk.
- Trash can: Keep your dorm room clean and organized with a small trash can.
- Surge protector: Most dorm rooms have limited outlets, so a surge protector with multiple outlets will be helpful for charging your phone, laptop, and other devices.
- Water bottle: Stay hydrated by bringing a reusable water bottle.
- Headphones: Headphones will come in handy for studying or listening to music without disturbing your roommate.
- Alarm clock: A reliable alarm clock is essential for waking up on time for class.
- Backpack: You’ll need a backpack for carrying your books and supplies to and from class.
- Umbrella: Bring an umbrella in case of rain.
- Sneakers: Comfortable sneakers are a must for walking to class and around campus.
- School supplies: Don’t forget to bring pens, pencils, paper, and other school supplies you’ll need for class.
- First aid kit: A small first aid kit with band-aids, pain relievers, and other essential items is always a good idea to have on hand.
- Snacks: Stock your dorm room with healthy snacks to keep you fueled during those long study sessions.
- Fans: A fan can be helpful for keeping your dorm room cool during the hot summer months.
- Shower caddy: A shower caddy will help you keep your toiletries organized and easily accessible when you’re showering.
- Room decorations: Personalize your dorm room with decorations that reflect your style and make it feel like home.
- Makeup and hair care products: Don’t forget to bring your favorite makeup and hair care products to keep you looking and feeling your best.
- A good book or two: Having a few good books on hand can provide a welcome distraction during breaks from studying.
- A cozy throw blanket: A throw blanket can add a touch of warmth and comfort to your dorm room.
- Comfortable clothes: Don’t forget to bring some comfortable clothes for lounging in your dorm room.
With these essential items, you’ll be well-equipped to tackle college life in style and comfort. Don’t forget to also check with your dorm or campus housing for any specific rules or restrictions on what you can bring.