Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
As a college student, you know that moving into a dorm room can be a bit overwhelming. Not only do you have to fit all of your belongings into a small space, but you also have to make sure you have everything you need to be comfortable and successful during your time at school.
If you’re a college girl, you’ll want to make sure you have all of the essential items you need for your dorm room. Here are 19 dorm room essentials for college girls:
- A comfy bed – Make sure you have a comfortable bed to sleep on, whether it’s a twin XL size mattress or a futon.
- A desk and chair – You’ll need a desk and chair to work on assignments, study, and complete other tasks.
- A storage unit – Use a storage unit to keep your clothes, shoes, and other items organized.
- A laundry hamper – Keep your dirty clothes off the floor with a laundry hamper.
- A microwave – A microwave is essential for quick and easy meals.
- A mini fridge – Keep your drinks and snacks cold with a mini fridge.
- A coffee maker – If you’re a coffee drinker, you’ll want to have a coffee maker in your dorm room.
- A desk lamp – A desk lamp is essential for studying late into the night.
- A laundry basket – Use a laundry basket to transport your dirty clothes to the laundromat.
- A power strip – With all of your electronics, you’ll want to make sure you have a power strip to keep everything plugged in.
- A fan – A fan can help keep you cool during those hot summer months.
- A rug – A rug can add warmth and comfort to your dorm room.
- A throw blanket – A throw blanket is perfect for snuggling up on the couch or bed.
- A set of towels – You’ll want to have a set of towels for showering and drying off.
- A shower caddy – Keep your shower essentials organized and within easy reach with a shower caddy.
- A shower curtain – Make sure you have a shower curtain to keep your bathroom private.
- A set of bed sheets – A set of bed sheets will help keep you comfortable and warm.
- A set of pillows – A set of pillows will help you get a good night’s sleep.
- A set of curtains – Curtains can help block out light and add some privacy to your dorm room.
By making sure you have these 19 essential items, you’ll be well-equipped to tackle your college experience.