Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you’re a college student living in a small apartment, you know that decorating can be a bit of a challenge. But don’t let a small living room dampen your holiday cheer! With a little creativity and some smart decorating techniques, you can transform your apartment into a festive and stylish holiday retreat. Here are 16 small apartment living room decor ideas that are trending in 2023:
- Go for a minimalist look: Minimalist decor can help make a small living room feel more open and spacious. Choose simple holiday decorations, such as a single wreath or a small tabletop tree, and avoid clutter to create a clean and chic look.
- Use LED lights: LED lights are energy-efficient and can help create a cozy and festive atmosphere in your small living room. Consider using them to decorate your tree, hang them along the walls, or wrap them around furniture.
- Incorporate natural elements: Bring the outdoors inside by incorporating natural elements into your holiday decor. Pinecones, branches, and berries can add a festive touch to your space while also bringing a bit of nature into your home.
- Opt for multi-functional furniture: Furniture that serves multiple purposes, such as ottomans with storage or coffee tables with built-in drawers, can help you maximize your small living room during the holidays.
- Use baskets and bins for storage: Baskets and bins can help you keep your small living room organized and clutter-free during the holiday season. Use them to store holiday decorations when not in use, or use them as decorative pieces in their own right.
- Hang stockings from the wall or mantel: If you don’t have a fireplace or mantle, consider hanging your stockings from the wall or from a shelf. This will help to save space and still allow you to enjoy this holiday tradition.
- Use your windows to your advantage: Hang holiday-themed window treatments or add some festive window clings to bring some holiday cheer to your space.
- Consider a small, live tree: If you have the space, consider a small, live tree that you can plant in your yard after the holiday season is over. This will add a festive touch to your space while also being environmentally friendly.
- Use fabric to add holiday cheer: Hang holiday-themed fabric or use fabric as a backdrop for your holiday decorations to add a festive touch to your space without taking up too much room.
- Add some holiday-themed pillows and throws: Add some festive flair to your space with holiday-themed pillows and throws. These can be placed on your couch, chairs, or bed to add a cozy and seasonal touch to your home.
- Use your walls to display holiday decor: If you’re short on floor space, consider using the walls to display holiday decorations. Hang garlands, wreaths, and lights from the ceiling or along the walls to create a festive atmosphere.
- Utilize multipurpose decorations: Look for decorations that serve multiple purposes, such as a coffee table book that doubles as a holiday display or a throw pillow with a holiday-themed design.
- Use mirrors and reflective surfaces: Mirrors and other reflective surfaces can help make a small living room feel larger by reflecting light and creating the illusion of more space. Hang a few holiday-themed mirrors or place some shiny ornaments on reflective surfaces to add some festive sparkle to your space.
- Choose small, space-saving decorations: Look for decorations that are compact and don’t take up too much space, such as small tabletop trees, miniature wreaths, and