Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. “A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin’ purple people eater”
- “A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin’ purple people eater”
If you’re looking for a fun costume that could be made with items from around the house, look no further than this classic. The purple people eater is a song that your parents will know instantly. Plus, it’s not too scary or difficult to pull off—just put on some shades and paint your face purple!
2. “I’m a Barbie Girl”
- “I’m a Barbie Girl”
Who doesn’t want to look like an actual barbie? The Disney Princess version of this costume is adorable and will definitely get you compliments all night. You’ll need a pink dress, pink shoes and a blonde wig. If you’re feeling super ambitious, add on some makeup to make yourself look more like the doll version of Barbie! This one is sure to be a hit at any party!
3. “There’s something in a simple hug that always warms the heart.”
Hugs are the most basic form of affection and a hug can help relieve stress, improve self-esteem, and lower blood pressure. If you’re looking for a way to show someone that you care without going overboard with your costume and makeup, this is it.
Get the look:
- Dress like a ghost or zombie for Halloween (you’ll want something white so that it contrasts with all of your hugging).
- Add some fake blood to your outfit if you want extra flair!
4. “The good news is you’re the pilot”
If you’re in a college dorm with a set of sheets and some tape, you can pull this off. If not, go to the dollar store and see if they have any children’s costumes laying around. You’ll need a pilot hat, or maybe just a small crown to wear on top of your head that says “pilot” on it. Wear an old pair of jeans and a white T-shirt with black stripes across the front. Then tape two wings onto your back (make sure they’re big enough so people can see them). Now put on some lipstick red lipstick and make sure your hair is pulled up into an updo (you don’t want anyone seeing those wings). Finally, take some crayons or markers and draw all over your face until it looks like you’ve been flying for hours!
5. “When life gives you lemons…”
- “When life gives you lemons…”
Lemons are citrus fruits that are yellow, sour and a source of vitamin C. Lemons can be used for cleaning and making lemonade, but they’re also very useful for making your college girl costume this Halloween!
What makes this costume so great? It’s easy to do and won’t break the bank. All you need is an old dress shirt (or any piece of fabric) to cut holes in for eyes, ears and mouth; yellow spray paint; one pair of jeans or pants; two rubber bands (one longer than the other); black felt paper or material which can be found at any craft store; hot glue gun.
6. “Who let the dogs out?”
This one is a classic. The first use of the phrase “Who let the dogs out?” was in a song by the Baha Men, an American reggae band that rose to fame in 2000 with their hit single “Who Let the Dogs Out.” The song is about a man who is upset that his girlfriend has left him for another man and has taken all of his belongings, including three dogs.
The group has appeared on multiple shows including The Simpsons and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
7. The best friends costume (from Ghostbusters).
It’s a group costume, but it’s also a duo costume. It’s the best of both worlds!
So, who can you pair up with for this? Maybe your roommate or friend from class. Or maybe you have a friend who has no idea what they’re going to be yet and could use some help. In any case, here are some ideas:
- Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (from Ghostbusters) + Egon Spengler (from Ghostbusters)
- Slimer (from Ghostbusters) + Janine Melnitz (from Ghostbusters)
- Ray Stantz + Peter Venkman
8. 5 Elements of Nature girl group costume idea
If you’re the type to rise above the crowd, then this group costume idea is for you. It’s not only simple but it’s also pretty easy on the wallet since all you have to do is throw on some white clothes and paint yourselves accordingly.
- Water: Light blue body paint and a plastic drop cloth for your hair
- Fire: Red body paint and a sparkler (this one is optional)
- Earth: Brown body paint and pottery shards glued to your face (optional)
- Air: White body paint with black dots glamorously painted all over your clothes in any pattern you want (the sky is literally the limit here!)
- Space: Black body paint with stars drawn on top of it or glittery stickers or whatever else looks cool; if someone calls out “moon” then hold up an actual moon pic from google images that could pass as an extra prop idea or something!
9. The Golden Girls group costume idea
You know the show The Golden Girls. It’s about four women living together in Miami who form an unlikely family after they’re all left widowed or divorced. You also know that it has a theme song sung by Bea Arthur, which is pretty much a pop culture phenomenon unto itself. (Seriously, go look up “Thank You For Being A Friend” on Spotify.)
If you happen to be friends with a group of girls looking for something fun and simple but super recognizable, why not dress as the entire cast? No one would doubt how much fun you had going out like this!
10. The Mean Girls group costume idea
In this costume, you and your friends will be Regina George’s clique from Mean Girls. All four characters should wear pink and carry pink backpacks.
- You (or whoever is playing Regina) are the leader of the group. You’re wearing a pink shirt that says “Queen” across it, in addition to some other statement like “President” or “Captain.”
- Gretchen Wieners is sitting on a throne made out of Hello Kitty plushies. She has on a crown and scepter if you have them handy, but if not she will still be considered part of the group as long as she looks powerful enough while sitting there in her throne.
- Karen Smith is wearing sunglasses and has an iphone glued to her hand at all times so that everyone knows how cool she thinks she is—she just doesn’t know how much they hate her yet!