Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Decorating a college dorm room can be both exciting and intimidating. On one hand, it’s a chance to create a space that feels like home and reflects your personal style. On the other hand, dorm rooms are often small and have strict rules about what you can and can’t bring, so you’ll need to be creative and resourceful.
Here are some tips for decorating your college dorm room in 2020:
- Think about function: Before you start buying decorations, consider what you’ll need in your dorm room. Do you need a desk or table for studying? Do you want to create a cozy seating area? Make a list of the functional items you’ll need, and then add decorative touches that complement those pieces.
- Choose a color scheme: Decide on a few colors that you like and that will work well together. This will help you choose decorations that fit your style and create a cohesive look.
- Get creative with storage: Dorm rooms are often cramped, so finding ways to declutter and organize your space is key. Look for storage solutions that double as decorations, such as baskets, bins, and shelves.
- Personalize your space: Add personal touches to your dorm room with items like photos, artwork, and handmade crafts. These will make your space feel more like home.
- Don’t forget about lighting: Dorm room lighting can be harsh and unflattering. Bring in some softer lighting with lamps or string lights to create a warm, inviting atmosphere.
- Keep it simple: You don’t want your dorm room to feel cluttered or overwhelming. Choose a few key pieces and decorations that you love, and resist the temptation to fill every available surface.
Decorating your college dorm room is all about finding a balance between style and function. With a little bit of planning and creativity, you can create a space that feels like home and is perfect for studying, relaxing, and entertaining friends.