Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The living room is the heart of every home, where the whole family gathers to spend time together and where guests are entertained. Achieving the perfect design for the living room is no easy task. There are several factors that need to be taken into consideration and color is at the top of the list.
DISCOVER THE BEST LIVING ROOM 2021 TRENDS
In 2022, the best living room trends will be more about comfort than what’s new. After all, as we move further into this century and closer to the next, modern design has begun to feel a bit tired.
The best living room trends for 2022 will focus on natural materials like wood and stone that allow you to create a relaxing space where you can unwind after work or kick back with friends.
They’ll also draw inspiration from traditional styles of architecture: think Asian-inspired rooms with bamboo accents or Moroccan-inspired spaces complete with patterned rugs and colorful fabrics.
CREATE A RELAXING SPACE
If you’re feeling stressed out and overwhelmed, your living room may be the source of the problem. You need to create a space that is relaxing and inviting so you can unwind after a long day.
A comfortable sofa is an absolute must. It should be big enough to fit at least one person, but not so big that it takes up half your living room!
Make sure the chair matches well with your sofa; whatever color scheme you choose for this area should match throughout the whole house. Make sure it also matches well with any other furniture pieces in that same room too!
An ottoman is another great choice because they are very versatile and can double as additional seating when necessary (which will come in handy when hosting guests). They also make nice footrests if someone else wants to sit down on their own for a bit longer than usual – just make sure everyone understands how important sharing space is before inviting them over though 🙂
THE POWER OF COLOR
Color is a powerful tool in designing a space. It can be used to create a mood, make a statement, complement your design style and even create a focal point. You’ve likely noticed that color is one of the first things you notice when you enter someone’s home—and it may even dictate whether or not you want to come back!
The best way to use color in your living room is by choosing colors that work well together and complement each other. For example: If you have blue furniture (like an armchair) then yellow would look great as an accent color because it stands out against blue but doesn’t overwhelm it with dominance. A good rule of thumb is that if two colors contrast too much they’ll clash visually; however if they’re similar enough they’ll blend together nicely creating harmony instead of chaos!
BRIGHTEN UP WITH NATURAL LIGHT
- Brighten up the room with natural light
- Use a bright color to brighten up the room
- Use a large window to brighten up the room
- Use a large mirror to brighten up the room
- Use a painting that is large and colorful
ADD A PUNCH OF GREENERY
- Add a punch of greenery.
- Choose a plant that suits your living room.
- Choose a plant that suits your lifestyle.
- Choose a plant that suits your personality.
- Choose a plant that suits your budget.
- Choose a plant that suits your space
DECORATE WITH A PURPOSE
Decorating with a purpose is the best way to make your living room feel like home. Why? Because it allows you to create a space that reflects your personality and lifestyle, while also serving as a place to rejuvenate and relax. A purpose-driven design should be intentional, cohesive, and functional—and it can be accomplished in any number of ways:
- Think about what makes you happy or brings joy into your life; that’s your purpose!
- Make sure every item in the room is functional—it doesn’t have to be practical or overly stylized if it isn’t useful at all times
- Consider whether there are any opportunities for guests who visit often (and don’t mind being asked). Some people love board games; others enjoy sharing stories around an open fire pit during cool fall evenings…whatever works best for you!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR LIVING ROOM INTO THE PERFECT HANGOUT SPOT.
Living room inspiration for 2022. We’re all about finding new ways to make your living room the best hangout spot in the house, and it doesn’t get much better than this! The living room is often the most-used space in a home, so why not turn it into an inviting place where you can relax with friends, read a good book or watch your favorite shows? We’ve rounded up our top picks for decorating trends that will turn your living room into an inviting place you can call home.
- Living rooms are all about comfort and coziness, which means they should be designed with these elements in mind. Think cozy textures like pillows and blankets—you don’t want to be sitting on cold wood all day!
- Colorful rugs are always a great way of adding extra character to any interior design scheme; plus they’re practical too because they help protect hard-surface floors from scratches caused by shoes coming into contact with them regularly over time (which happens more often than people think).
We hope these tips were helpful in creating a living room that works for you and your family. If you’re still having trouble figuring out how to design an ideal space, check out our other posts on the topic, or get in touch with us for some one-on-one advice. We’d be happy to talk about your project!