Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Coat rack or hooks: For hanging jackets, hats, and scarves.
- Bench or seating area: For putting on and taking off shoes.
- Storage: Shelves, cabinets, or cubbies for storing shoes, bags, and other items.
- A mat: For wiping dirt and debris off shoes before entering the house.
- A boot tray: For catching any excess water or mud from wet boots.
- A laundry area: For sorting and washing dirty clothes and shoes.
- A key holder: For keeping keys organized and easy to find.
- A mirror: For one last check before heading out the door.
All of above are the basic essentials for creating a functional mudroom. Additional items that can be added based on the size and layout of the space.