Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Country houses are known for being cozy, comfortable, and casual. They’re the perfect place to unwind after a long day of working on the farm. That’s why it’s important that country homes be decorated in a way that reflects this laid-back lifestyle. Luckily, there are many ways to decorate your space in a rustic way while also channeling your unique style and personality. We’ve put together 22 country home decor ideas that will help you get started with designing your perfect home. From wall hangings to table decorations and accents like throw pillows, these easy DIY projects will transform your house into a country chic oasis that’s warm, welcoming, and full of character.
Lighten Up Your Wall
Lightening up your walls can be a great way to make a small room look bigger and brighter. White or light blue are both classic choices for the kitchen (and most other rooms), but don’t be afraid to experiment with other colors that might be more in tune with your existing decor.
Reuse Your Old Things
Reusing old things is an easy way to save money and have fun in the process. If you aren’t sure what to do with your old things, here are some ideas:
- Use them in a new way. For example, if you have a collection of books, why not use them as decor? You can even paint the spines of the books white and use stencils or stickers on them so they look more attractive. Or maybe you have some old wooden boxes that are collecting dust in your garage—why not turn them into additional storage space for your home?
- Use them as inspiration for new projects. There are countless DIY projects using old items that are just waiting to be made!
- Don’t feel like making anything yourself? Buy something premade instead! There are many companies out there selling beautiful items made from reclaimed wood or upcycled materials—you might even find something already designed by someone else that will match perfectly with your current décor scheme!
Old Storage Boxes
For a rustic look, you can paint old storage boxes and use them to hold items around the house. A few examples include:
- Use an old storage box as a bookshelf by adding some shelving inside and using it to store your books and DVDs.
- An old storage box makes an excellent nightstand when you paint it white and put some cute knick-knacks on top of it!
- You can even use an old storage box as a coffee table by filling it with interesting books and magazines for guests to flick through while they’re visiting.
If you want to add an old-timey look to your home, a vintage lantern is the perfect way. You can find them in a variety of styles—from tall and thin to short and squatty—so there’s sure to be one that fits your space perfectly.
If you want something simple, try placing a single lantern on either side of your front door for a welcoming feel. Or place several along the mantelpiece for an elegant look that will tie together all of the other country decor items in your home!
Bring in the Baskets
Baskets are a great way to add storage space to your home, and they can be used for just about anything. They’re excellent for magazines, books, toys and laundry. You could even use them as a place to store your dog’s food and water bowls until he gets hungry or thirsty.
You might have some baskets lying around the house already that you can put to good use. If not, consider buying some new ones from stores like Target or Walmart (they’ll run you about $30 per basket).
Create a Curtain for Everything
There’s nothing more relaxing than cozying up with a good book and a cup of tea, and if you have the right curtains in place, it can be even better. Curtain rods are easy to install, so if you don’t have any in your home yet, now’s the time. Once you have them installed, hang some curtains! You can use them on either side of your bed if you want; they add a nice layer of privacy and also keep out light when closed at night. If you want something fancier (or just something different), try hanging curtains over the headboard instead—it’ll look like little pieces of art that adorn your bedtime reading spot.
One thing we love about country homes is how they blend modern conveniences into old-fashioned charm—and one way to do this is by using curtains as tablecloths! Take a plain white sheet or linen napkin and fold it over itself until it looks like an oversized tablecloth; then hang it from some dowels or hooks so that it drapes down onto the surface below. You could even add some ribbons around the edges for decoration purposes!
Use Wooden Trays as Decorative Items
Wooden trays are a great way to add country style to your home. They can be used for decorative purposes, such as displaying flowers and candles. If you want to add more color, place a vase of flowers on top of the tray. It will look amazing!
Create Some Stools and Tables Using Wood Pallets
If you have some pallets lying around, and you’re looking for a way to put them to use in the home, check out these DIY projects. These simple ideas will help turn those old wooden planks into pieces that can be used as side tables or stools!
- Use a saw to cut the pallet into two equal pieces—one long enough for your table and one shorter piece for your stool/side table. Sand both sides of each piece until smooth.
- To make a table: Flip one board over so it’s upside down (the top side will now be the bottom) then place the other board on top of this board and nail them together with nails about every 2 inches apart. Make sure that all boards are nailed securely together before moving on to step 4 below.* For added stability, add additional boards across from one another by nailing them onto each end at an angle of 45 degrees.* Add legs or casters if desired.* If you want to paint it or stain it first, now is the time!
Utilize Chest Drawers as Nightstands
Chest drawers, especially the ones with carved details, are an excellent option for nightstands. These old chest drawers can be used as side tables and even storage units. Just think of all the possibilities!
These antique pieces also make great decorative elements when placed on top of a table or hung on a wall. A painted chest drawer next to your bed or in your kitchen will add a touch of rustic charm to any room in your home. They’re also great coffee tables or bedside tables—just about any place where you might need some extra storage space!
If you’re looking for affordable furniture ideas that don’t take up too much space and look good too, then using old chest drawers is definitely one way to go about it!
Shelfies are the Best Wall Decor Items
Shelfies are a great way to show off your collection. They can be used to display books, photos, or other items on any wall in the house. Shelfies are also a great option if you’re looking for an easy way to decorate your walls without having to buy expensive frames.
The best part is that they’re totally customizable and versatile enough that they’ll work with any style of home decorating theme.
Make Use of Clocks as Wonderful Wall Arts
You can use a clock as a wall art by hanging it on the wall in your living room, dining room or even bedroom. You can also make use of a clock to decorate your office space. Nowadays there are many beautiful clocks available in the market that come with different designs and shapes which will enhance the beauty of your home decor. They not only look good but they also serve as great decorative pieces for your interior space.
Place Beds with Headboards and Footboards
- Place Beds with Headboards and Footboards
If you love the country look, then a bed with headboard and footboard is a must-have for your home. You can choose from different styles of beds, such as four poster beds, canopy beds and sleigh beds. Adding one or two of these traditional styles to your bedroom will instantly add rustic charm to your room.
Use Birdhouses as Nice Wall Hangers
Birdhouses are a great way to add some country flair to any room, but you can also use them as wall decor! To make a birdhouse into wall art, simply hang it on your wall using command velcro. Then, place a piece of cardboard behind the birdhouse so that it’s easier to hang up without damaging anything.
If you’re looking for some inspiration on how to hang your birdhouse, take a look at these three ideas:
- In the kitchen: Hang your birdhouse from one end of an exposed beam in your kitchen. This will give it some height and make it more noticeable than if it were hanging right above countertops where no one could see them unless they were looking for something specific like this fun little gift idea!
- In the living room: Hang multiple sizes over an open space in front of windows or along walls where they provide an interesting focal point that brings life into otherwise boring rooms!
Little Dining Space Behind the Kitchen Shelves is the Best Idea for a Country House Setup.
In a country home, the kitchen is the heart of the house. It’s where everyone gathers and enjoys meals together. You want your kitchen to be cozy and inviting and that’s why you should decorate it in such a way that it becomes an integral part of your home interior design plan.
The dining area will have its own personality and style depending on how you chose to decorate it. The lighting can set the mood for any room, so if you want to create a romantic atmosphere in this space, opt for candlelight instead of overhead lights or lamps with bright bulbs.
To add character to your dining space, add vintage items like old serving dishes or even some mismatched plates – anything goes! If there are windows in your dining area then consider adding curtains made from lace fabric which gives an elegant look while allowing sunlight inside too!
Use of French Café Chairs for Dining Area Decoration.
The French café chairs are a great way to add an accent piece to your dining room. You can use these chairs as a standalone, or pair them with a table or set of tables to create an inviting setting. The country style can include elements of rustic, farmhouse and industrial design that will make any home into something special.
The design of this chair is simple but stylish and comfortable at the same time. It comes in many different colors so if you want to match it with your furniture or walls then there should be no problem doing so! They can also look great when paired up with other items such as tables or even lamps!
Country houses have a unique style, try some of these decorating ideas to make your house country chic.
Country houses have a unique style, try some of these decorating ideas to make your house country chic. Country houses can be decorated in many different ways. Country houses can be decorated with a variety of styles and colors. Country houses can be decorated with a variety of items
These are some of the best country house decor ideas. We hope you will get inspired by them and make your house a unique country chic paradise.