Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Here are some popular mudroom ideas to consider when designing a mudroom:
- Built-in storage: A built-in bench with cubbies or drawers can provide a place to store shoes, boots, and other gear, as well as a spot to sit and put on or take off footwear.
- Hooks and Shelves: Wall-mounted hooks and shelves provide a convenient place to hang coats, bags, and other items, keeping them off the floor and easily accessible.
- Locker system: A locker system with individual compartments for each member of the family can provide a place to store items such as backpacks, purses, and sports equipment.
- Charging station: Having a charging station for electronic devices in the mudroom can be a convenient feature for keeping devices charged and organized.
- Laundry area: Incorporating a laundry area with a sink and counter space for sorting and folding clothes can be a useful feature for keeping the rest of the home organized and tidy.
- Message center: A message center with a calendar, whiteboard, and mail slots can help keep everyone in the household informed and organized.
- Pet-washing station: A pet-washing station, with a small sink or hose, can be useful for cleaning muddy paws before pets enter the main living areas of the home.
- Drop zone: A drop zone for keys, sunglasses, and wallets can be helpful for keeping these items organized and easy to find.
- Boot tray or floor mat: A designated space for dirty shoes and boots, such as a floor mat or boot tray, can help keep the mudroom floor clean and tidy.
- Natural light: Adding natural light through windows or skylights can make the mudroom feel more open and bright.